Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Senior photos


Well its soo hard for me to grasp, but my daughter is a senior and the time has come for her senior photos.  She wanted me to take them and I have been nervous and emotional about the whole thing.  Nervous because I wonder if someday she will hate that her "mom" did her photos and emotional because this has been a moment that she has been looking forward to and I have as well but in that same breath, it also seems as if my job as "mom" is done and that makes my heart ache.... I keep asking myself.... have I taught her all that she needs to know?? Have I shared all of the mother daughter secrets that I should have?  Have I been the mom that she needed??  I love that she she seems to have grown up soo much over the past year but as I say that it still tugs at my heart knowing that she is moving on and I am needed less and less these days.. I miss my "babe"...I miss the mornings that she would crawel in bed with me and say mommy can you watch Barney with me??  and Mommy can we have a stay at home day today and will you color with me? Sometimes it was the simple things that we miss the most.   

My "babe" is more than I ever thought possible and definitely a wiser person that I was at her age.  Maybe that is because she saw me make sooo many mistakes as a young wife and mother but either way I will continue to thank the lord for giving me such a beautiful girl!

Mantha you continue to be an inspiration every day!
Thank you, your beautiful and I Love you more every day.
Mom

No comments: